Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Empties Review: Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Day Cream SPF 15

I got this in a sample size (0.5 FL.OZ.) right before I left the States so that I would have something to get me through the transition into France. It comes in a nice compact jar and was also really easy to throw into my carry on. This was also the period of my most severe hormonal and stress-induced acne, so I was looking with a moisturizer with some SPF and something a little extra to give my skin a boost.

I did end up liking this moisturizer and thought it was doing great things for my skin at the time. Since then, I have been taking the suggestions of some French dermatologists and pharmacists near me and using heavier/more hydrating moisturizers, which I think has actually helped prevent my acne from getting worse. I don't think that this moisturizer was hydrating enough for my skin to stop overproducing oil, however, I only had the sample size, so I don't know how my skin may have grown accustomed to this product over a longer period of time.

My verdict: Love the SPF, love the idea of brightening (although I didn't notice any brightening while I was using it), but not hydrating enough for my skin. If you aren't looking for deep hydration, I'd say you could give this a go, but not to expect any life-changing differences out of the "brightening" claim; it's a nice, but regular, light moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment