Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Pre-Departure Investigation: European Brands in the States, Part IV

And we finally come to the close of our quest for foreign beauty products at Bloomingdale's. Presumably, we could have chosen any department store, but we were walking in the direction of this one at the mall on our way back to the car. Many of the high end products available at Sephora were also featured here, but I didn't feel it productive to repeat products we've already talked about. Instead, I've only added the brands I found that were exclusively available at department stores in my area.

"The Work of Beauty"

I've literally never heard of this brand, but the name really caught my eye. I've translated the word métier to "work", but it literally means something more like career or job. 

This what the website has to say about the brand:
Curated and crafted just for you. Experts in luxury and beauty, Le Métier de Beauté invites you to SHOP THE VAULT. The BEAUTY VAULT features limited-edition, hand-selected pairings. Click to unlock the secrets from our experts. But don't delay. Quantities are always limited.
I swatched some 3 in 1 cream color pots (color for the eyes, lips and cheeks), which seemed super pigmented and an awesome product to throw in your bag. Looking forward to seeing how this brand is represented and sold "dans l'Hexagon".


I feel like this is available at some Sephoras? My Sephora doesn't carry it, but from a quick Google search I learned that some of the bigger branches do carry the Chanel makeup still. If you're looking for Chanel, however, department stores like Bloomingdale's will always be happy to help you.




Pure plant oils? Sounds good to me. This is a pricy choice but one I've heard beauty bloggers rave about. Will it be more affordable for me in its home country? We'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment