Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Empties Review: Greenland Fruit Emotions Body Butter in Mint-Lavender

This item came as a gift from my mom just before I set off for France in September. She knows that I am obsessed with both mint and lavender scents separately and thought that this body butter would be right up my alley. Running from $8 to $10 a pop depending on where you purchase, she told me it'd be the perfect cream to throw in my carry on or purse in a pinch.

I was super pleased with the smell in this body butter! It felt like I had been shipped off to a spa, with really strong fresh lavender notes and sharp mint. The Fruit Emotions line of Greenland brand  cosmetics markets 95% organic ingredients, and I could definitely tell the difference between this lavender scent and some of the synthetic lavender scents I have come across in the past.

In terms of hydration, this body butter was pretty good at keeping my skin hydrated during the late summer/early fall months. I did end up reapplying daily on particularly stubborn dry patches, like on my elbows and ankles, but that is usually the norm for me. I do not think this would be enough to keep me feeling hydrated during a harsh winter in upstate New York, but for the very moist, Seattle-like climate of my town in France it was perfect.

My verdict: Good body butter with an amazing, almost therapeutic scent. If you are particularly fond of stress-relief scents, this may be something you want to try. In France, though, as opposed to the United States, authentic lavender is everywhere and really not that expensive; as a result, I think I might be able to find something along these lines for less money per ounce. I am not currently able to get ahold of this brand of products easily in France, but if I did see this product on sale somewhere I would definitely pick it up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment