Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Empties Review: ck one mascara by Calvin Klein


Yay for Ulta rewards memberships! This was the mascara they were giving member birthdays over the summer. However, I had just opened another mascara when I received this gift, so I saved this mascara for when I was got to Europe. It is sold exclusively at Ulta in five different shades (I had 800 - Show Black) and sells for $18.

The top of this mascara tube is actually really cool. It's got a division on the top that you can twist which changes the shape of the mascara wand from longer to shorter, from spaced out bristles to close together bristles and from straight lines of bristles to a corkscrew like design. This was really good to get different types of eyelash looks with the same wand, and to get more product on the want while it was in the tube!

What I found when I first started using this mascara, though, was that the bristles where sharp and irritated the base of my lash line, even to the point where I could see red irritation when I took the mascara off at night. This was particularly weird to me, because I usually prefer rubber bristle mascara wands and was excited to see them on this wand, but hadn't ever had this experience before. I did end up getting used to the wand on my eyes, or maybe the mascara build up on the wand started to dull the bristles so I was no longer irritated by it.

I did use this completely up, but by the end of its mascara life, this product was falling off of my lashes in the middle of the day. It took even less than three months (my usual mascara life) to totally dry out, which I was also disappointed in.

My verdict: To be honest, this product has a really cool twisting wand, but the irritation on my eyes and the quick drying rate of the tube made this product not worth the cost to me. While its not the most expensive mascara on the market, but there are a lot of drugstore mascaras don't make my eyes red and watery. Given the irritation at the beginning of my use of this product and the flakiness towards the end, it only had a pleasant life of about a month where I was using the product without issues. So personally, I would stay away from this mascara, especially if you have sensitive skin or eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment