Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Pre-Departure Investigating: European Brands in the States, Part I

If I'm going to try out brands that aren't available in the U.S. during my travels, I should probably figure out what foreign stuff they sell in America, right? My thoughts exactly. So I took a trip around town with my good friend Deanna to investigate and report back. Here's what we found:

AT THE DRUGSTORE:

Well, really this was at Target. We decided to do start here because, even though its not a technical "drugstore", it is a widely accessible store across the U.S., with drugstore items, drugstore prices and a few extras. The products we found available at the Target near us were:

Garnier Skin Care and Anti-Age Products

With products ranging from moisturizers to cleansers to serums, Garnier skin care has items targeted towards loads of different skin issues. Hydration, oil-control, acne reduction and wrinkle repair are just a few of the problems they seek to eliminate for their faithful users. Find more information and specific prices on these items at http://www.garnierusa.com/products/skincare.aspx.


Garnier Fructis produces shampoos, conditioners, treatments and stylers at a reasonable price for the average consumer. Their lines include Damage Eraser, Color Shield Complete Defense, Pure Clean, Sleek & Shine, Triple Nutrition and more. What's the most amazing about these products is the smell; their fruity aroma is distinguishable from feet away and stays in your hair all day. One of my best friends swear by the Pure Clean line, not even needing to use perfume because of the long lasting effect of the scent.
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/haircare.aspx


A tried and true love of a lot of U.S. beauty aficionados, L'Oréal produces solid products in every line facet of makeup - foundation, eye shadow, lipsticks, you name it. I've heard fabulous things about the L'Oréal Infallible 25 HR Eye Shadows and the L'Oréal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara from beauty blogger after beauty blogger on YouTube. Definitely looking to see if these items are just as popular overseas!


L'Oréal produces two different lines of hair care and styling products, a sulfate-full and sulfate-free version. The Advanced Hair Care Line (shown above) includes sulfates among its shampoo ingredients, although the other products seem to be sulfate-free. I love the L'Oréal Paris EverStrong Line; its sulfate-free, which is great for my seriously sensitive scalp, and the rosemary-mint scent makes me feel invigorated in the shower. If you're looking for a good sulfate-free shampoo, this line and the OleoTherapy line are good and reasonably priced drugstore options.

I don't have an in-store pic of this London line, but its available at most drugstores. Their recent collaboration with supermodel Kate Moss for the Lasting Finish by Kate Moss has produced one of my go-to red lips, shade 01, and their Stay Matte Powder is super affordable and super effective at $3.97.


This is the line I was talking about as awesome extras at Target. It's possible that this line is sold elsewhere, but by me this is the only place I can find it. This brand from the UK is a go-to for the English, with skincare, makeup and other lines available. Target is currently carrying some of the skincare faves, so we'll see what they keep in stock for the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment